Recently current market is becoming even more sensitive to social responsibility issues. The society requires organizations to fulfill their obligations in respect of social responsibility and positive impact of their activity and decisions on the environment and society in general. Consumers expect from organizations ethical behavior and management system transparency.
For these purposes international organization ISO created a Working Group for the development of ISO 26000 Guidance. The standard includes recommendations for organizations, aspiring to integrate social responsibility into common business strategy. ISO 26000 determines, for instance, concern of society, environmental protection and workplace safety as scopes of social responsibility. Being a Guidance, this standard does not set a list of requirements and is not applied in the process of certification.
In order to transform social responsibility management system, developed in compliance with ISO 26000 recommendations, into a part of corporate strategy and enable certification of this system, an instrument is required. As such instrument specifications to ISO 26000, appropriate for certification, are already developed on a national level. In order to satisfy ever-increasing demand for an international standard, IQNet has developed IQNet SR 10 specification, which was published in December, 2011. This specification was based on Spanish specification RS 10, developed by AENOR. Among others, special characteristic of this standard is its compatibility with other management systems standards.
IQNet SR 10 Specification:
- is based on PDCA cycle;
- can be applied by any kind of organization, regardless of its size and location;
- is compatible with other management systems, based, for example, on ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001, SA 8000 and other standards;
- promotes practical implementation of principles and recommendations, set in ISO 26000;
- is compatible with international means of reporting in respect of sustainable development, such as GRI Directives.
This standard became the result of recognition, that social responsibility today is an established term in economic and social issues, and useful concept for improvement of society.
Benefits from implementation and certification
- enhancement of company’s image in the eyes of customers, clients;
- guaranteed fulfillment of statutory requirements;
- obtaining economic benefits in long term with minimal negative impact on the environment;
- competitive growth.
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals: